Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sayings -- 3,000 year old wisdom about wealth (& other stuff)

From “The Tao” by Lao Tzu:

Chapter 33

Knowing others is wisdom;
Knowing the self is enlightment.
Mastering others requires force;
Mastering the self needs strength.
He who knows he has enough is rich.
Perseverance is a sign of will power.
He who stays where he is endures.
To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.


I achieved a state of wealth 7 years ago when I realized that I had all I needed:
a lovely, kind, sensitive wife
a house that was paid for (a simple house, yet secure)
no financial debts, only debts of gratitude to others
many caring and supportive friends
a deep sense that I am loved, and worth it.
enough money and time to give away money and time to others.
a job that I loved and that requires constantly improving my sills.
A sense of plenty rather than scarcity. A feeling of abundance and generosity rather than fear and grasping for more.

No comments: