Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm starting to use GOOGLE TASKS


I have several separate lists which are helping me organize.
- PROJECTS (which I break down into parts (bite-sized 45 minute) I can put on my DAILY list.
- QUICKIES = short & fun or easy (things that take 15 minutes or less)
- DAILY – for things I want to do each and every day.
- TODAY – a few of the DAILY things, QUICKIES and pieces of PROJECTS that I can accomplish successfully today.
- THANK YOU NOTES ( pick one every day or so and add to the TODAY list
- BREAKS = short 15 minute things to relax, recharge, and refresh
Every hour, I set a timer for 45 minutes for an accomplishment, followed by 15 minutes for a BREAK – I just look at my break list if I run out of ideas for breaks.
Some TODAY items only take 10 or 15 minutes, and I mark down an estimated time.  If my estimate is wrong, I'll be able to estimate more closely next time.
The picture is my BREAKS list so far.
Now, I don’t do this slavishly or even completely successfully each day, but I’m trying to shape my life better as I go along. Progress, not perfection is my goal.

No comments: