Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm delighted with my new Volunteer duties!

I’m now a volunteer photographer at the Craft Alliance in University City (on the Delmar Loop). They are a non-profit group that has a gallery, to augment donations. They teach classes in pottery, fiber, jewelry-making, glass-blowing, etc:
http://www.craftalliance.org/
I work (or rather play) for them Fridays from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. taking photographs of the art in their gallery for use on their website. I love Art, and almost finished a Master of Fine Arts in painting back in 1977. So it is completely delightful to be taking photos (which I LOVE) of art (which I also LOVE). Last Friday was my first day of what may be a 6-month job. Kris, the 20-something gallery director, and all the staff I met were so appreciative that I almost felt I had it dripping off me before I left. I’m excited about tomorrow, when I go there again.

No comments: