- Acknowledge the greatness of God
- Express your desire that the will of the "Great Being" be completed.
- Request any physical, mental or spiritual needs you may have (Give us this day our daily bread)
- Ask for forgiveness, and promise to be equally forgiving of others.
- Ask for protection in a world full of ways to go astray. Make it specific to your OWN PERSONAL weaknesses.
- Again, recognize and praise the Creator.
There you have it. The main components (as I understand them) to a satisfying prayer experience with your Higher Power.
Click here to see how the The Passionist Missionaries have elaborated upon the same idea. http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/teach.html