- +$32.00 total sales
- -$10.00 entry fee
- -$ 8.00 food consumed
- -$ 7.00 in cost of goods sold (materials)
- For a total of $7.00 gain
- Which works out to $0.58 per hour for 12 hours of work (including preparation)
Was it worth it? Was it Successful? It depends entirely on how you FRAME IT.
Here are my successes:
- I brightened the faces of 32-some kids when I gave them an itty-bitty "FREE SAMPLE" of my photographs.
- I enjoyed the admiration of 10 or more people who took the time to really "SEE" my work (I hate to call it art work, because it's more like art play!)
- I made at least 4 new possible friends.
- I handed out 16 or more business cards (or rather hobby cards) so that people could enjoy my work for free and download it at flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/bestrated1/
- I had FUN
It sounds like a resounding success to me!!!
Please feel free to comment, and let me know YOUR opinion.